How often do you have a vegetarian meal? Daily? Once a week? Once a month? Never?
One of the main reasons people avoid eating vegetarian is flavor. In fact, eating is not only a matter of survival, but also about pleasure. However, and contrary to what many people still think, vegetarian cuisine can be so delicious. With the right combination of ingredients (from vegetables to aromatic herbs and spices) the flavor is guaranteed!
Today I share with you 6 aromatic herbs that are a must in my kitchen:
1. Cilantro: if I had to choose, then I would say cilantro is my favorite herb! It´s rich in vitamin A, C and K as well as in the minerals potassium and manganese. Try to add them in your salads, legumes, soups and dressings
2. Oregano: it has a high content of vitamin A, C and K as wel as the minerals calcium, iron and manganese. They go so well with a salad, fresh tomatoes or sautéed mushrooms
3. Parsley: unfortunately this herb is not valued enough, maybe because it´s common and cheap, but it´s so nutritionally rich. It´s high in complex-B vitamins (especially folate) as well as vitamin A, C and K and, of course, the minerals iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, manganese and zinc. Chickpeas and parsley were “made” for each other! Oh, and this herb goes also very well with eggplant
4. Thyme: rich in vitamin A, C and K as well as the minerals calcium, iron and manganese. Add it to your salad and sautéed vegetables
5. Basil: it has a high content of vitamin A, C, K and folate as well as manganese, calcium, iron and magnesium. Try them with a salad or fresh tomatoes. Oh, and it´s a must in a pesto or gazpacho!
6. Rosemary: rich in vitamin A, C, B6 and folate and in the minerals iron, calcium, manganese and magnesium. It goes extremely well with roasted vegetables!
Which herb are you going to choose today for dinner?