Are you looking for a tasty healthy satisfying snack? Then let me introduce you to…crunchy chickpeas! 🙂 They are a delight here at home and I hope you enjoy them too!
Crunchy Chickpeas (serves 3)
- 3 cups of cooked chickpeas*
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Chilli powder to taste (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC
- Remove any excess water the chickpeas have with a cloth
- Spread the chickpeas on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and season with half the olive oil and salt
- Put the chickpeas in the oven for an hour or so, stirring occasionally, or until they´re crunchy and golden brown
- Take the chickpeas out of the oven and place them in a bowl
- Season the chickpeas with cumin, garlic, chilli, more salt if desired and the remaining olive oil
For best results eat the chickpeas within an hour because with time they tend to loose their crunchiness. And, of course, you can eat them either as a snack or a side dish. The option is yours. 🙂
*To know how to cook chickpeas follow steps 1 to 4 of this recipe.