Today I am sharing with you a simple and delicious way to prepare beets. I think you will like it, especially if the sweet taste of this tuber is a downer to you.
But before going to the recipe let me just tell you that beets are a nutritional bomb. Raw beets are rich in folate, manganese, potassium, vitamin C, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B6. Oh, and by the way, did you know that beet´s red color is due to the presence of betalains, phytonutrients with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties? Now time for the recipe!
- 1 medium beet
- 1/4 tsp of fleur de sel
- 1/2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp of dried oregano
- Peel the beet and slice it with the help of a mandoline*
- Place the beet in a bowl and season it with fleur de sel, olive oil, lemon, black pepper and oregano
- Lay the beet out on a plate and add more oregano on top if necessary
Beet carpaccio works great as a starter or side dish. 🙂
*Be careful while using the mandoline, so you don´t cut yourself.