Despite the bad weather (for more than two weeks) today is a happy day! My article about sleep was published in the Portuguese magazine Lux and, to celebrate, I wrote my hummus recipe, a recipe that I make for some years now and that I have never shared with anyone. Today I am sharing it with you.
Hummus is a typical food from the Arab world made of chickpea, so it is a good source of protein, fiber, zinc, folate, B6, just to give a few examples.
Besides its nutritional value, hummus is a good option if you want to reduce your dairy intake. What about a chickpea sandwich instead of a cheese sandwich?
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 100 ml of mineral water
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of tahin
- 1 small garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Place the chickpeas in the food processor and grind them
- Add the water and mix everything together until it gets a smooth consistency
- Next, add the remaining ingredients – salt, olive oil, tahin, garlic, lemon juice and cumin – and mix again
Now you just need to put the hummus in a jar and store it in the fridge. You should eat it within 1-2 weeks.
(Recipe updated on 12/06/2018)