Summer time is ice cream time, right? But is it possible to eat a tasty and healthy ice cream? Yes it is!
This week I would like to share with you my banana ice cream recipe with only two ingredients: banana and vegetable milk. Yes, you read it correctly. Just two ingredients are needed.
Banana ice cream recipe (for two)
- 6 medium bananas
- 100 ml of vegetable milk (e.g., rice, almond)
- Peel the bananas and place them in the freezer for eight hours
- Take them out of the freezer and slice them
- Place the bananas and the vegetable milk in a blender
- Blend it gradually to avoid overloading the machine
- It´s done!
The bananas we have on the farm are very sweet, so there is no need for extra sweetness. However, if the bananas you have at home aren´t that sweet you can always add a date to the mixture.
Now that you know this basic ice cream recipe, imagination is your limit. You can make, for example, banana and strawberry ice cream or banana and raspberry ice cream. Another option is to decorate the ice cream with strawberries and raspberries like I do. Their acid flavor helps to curb the sweetness of the banana.
Enjoy this summer treat!