I love picnics! What about you?
I remember doing picnics with my parents when I was little, but the truth is that age doesn´t matter. I think I will enjoy doing picnics for the rest of my life! Plus, I have the privilege of living in a wonderful place with incredible landscapes! But I am sure you also know a couple of incredible places for a picnic near your home.
My first picnics here were very practical. Basically, summer time + sun shining = picnic. So we would grab a basket and put inside cuttlery, napkins, tomatoes, fruit and water, then we would stop in the supermarket to buy bread and some tuna cans and that´s it. The next step was just to find a place to eat.
As time went by my food habits started to change and I began cooking. In other words, our picnics are now slightly different. For example, last Sunday I went for a picnic with Hugo and my parents, so I prepared the following:
- Rice bread bites
- Carrot and oatmeal balls
- Spelt bread
- Peanut butter
- Cocoa and almond energy balls
Neither the rain nor the wind stopped us from having such a fun picnic! And today I would like to share with you my rice bread bites recipe.
Ingredients (10 units):
- 1 cup of whole rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- Salt to taste
- Soak the rice overnight
- Drain and rinse the rice with clean water
- Place the rice, water and a pinch of salt in a pan over medium heat
- Turn the heat all the way down when it starts to boil, cover the pan and wait 40 minutes for it do be ready
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup of oatmeal in a food processor and grind it until it becomes flour
- When the rice is ready, turn off the heat and wait for it to cool down
- Roll the rice into balls using hands
- Cover the balls with the oat flour and slightly flat them
- Place the bread in a preheated oven for around 20 minutes and that´s it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! And in case you decide to do a picnic, it would be great if you could share your experience with me!