One of the first things I learned when I started my health coach studies was that “one person´s food is another person´s poison.” In other words, each person is unique, with different dietary needs that might even change during his/her lifetime. There is no one-size-fits all diet. You need to see what works best for you. There are some people, for example, who feel great with a plant-based diet while others need to eat some animal protein to thrive.
Are you struggling with weight gain? Lack of energy? Or feeling not so great in general? There are many reasons for someone to change diet, but with hundreds of diets in the market it can be difficult to know which one to choose. For example, there is the:
- Vegan diet: a plant-based diet that excludes any animal protein, honey or any other animal product such as leather
- Vegetarian diet: another plant-based diet that excludes animal protein. However, some vegetarians choose to eat dairy (lacto-vegetarians) or dairy and eggs (lacto-ovo vegetarians)
- Macrobiotic diet: it mainly consists of whole grains and then some vegetables and a small percentage of beans and sea vegetables. White fish can be consumed ocasionally. Meat, eggs and dairy are excluded
- Pescetarian diet: in this diet people eat fish and shellfish, but no meat. It also typically includes grains, vegetables, beans, nuts, fruit, dairy and sometimes eggs
- Mediterranean diet: this diet includes whole grains, fish, meat, vegetables, fruit, nuts, dairy, olive oil and it excludes processed and refined food
Before trying any diet, my advice for you is the following:
- Get informed about its pros and cons
- Be careful with trend diets (again, please read carefully its pros and cons!)
- Avoid diets that make you skip meals or starve
So, which diet is best for you? I know you were expecting a straight answer, but the truth is that you already have the answer. You just need to tune in to your body. She “talks” to you everyday.
In case you want to identify your health goals and what you´ve always imagined for your life, you can schedule a free 50-minute session with me.